Saturday, February 01, 2014

To Skyrim!



My name is Ylva, daughter of Falk and Runa of the Snowcrow clan. I am a Nord, and I was born in the city of Skingrad. “But”, you may say, “surely Skingrad is in Cyrodiil. What is a Nord doing in Cyrodiil?” And I may answer, “That’s none of your bloody business!”, but it would be silly giving an answer like that in my own journal.

The truth of it is that my family moved from Skyrim to Cyrodiil two generations ago. My mother’s parents and my father’s father came south to find jobs as hired guards (They were not sellswords!), and with one thing and the other, they settled here. Grandfather, my father’s father, that is, married a merchant’s daughter, Alessandra Tunitus, so I guess I’m only three quarters Nord, the rest being Imperial. Mama and Papa settled in Skingrad, where they worked as smiths, and that is where my three brothers and I were born and raised. Now, let me just say that having three older brothers can be both good and bad. The good part is that they are very protective. The bad part is that I’m rather short, and the incessant teasing from three brothers that all have to duck when they go through doorways can get on anyone’s nerves. Of course, they made up for it (slightly) by teaching me how to fight, although I suspect that the reason they taught me was mostly so I could at least try to fight them when the teasing got too bad.

Of course, I’m not in Skingrad any longer. I’m heading to Skyrim now. Why? I have asked myself that question many times. Wanderlust, I guess. Searching for my destiny, perhaps? After what happened in Skingrad, I knew I couldn’t stay there anymore, so I said my farewells and struck out on my own. It’s too early to say if it was a good idea or not, though. I have a few septims, my bow, the clothes I wear and a beginning understanding of magic, so I’m not too bad off, but I have spent quite a few nights in inns trying to figure out what is pulling me north. 

What I do know is that it’ll be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment